Abrams Digital Video Fellow (Digital Editor)
WGBH enriches people's lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
FRONTLINE, U.S. television’s longest running investigative documentary series, explores the issues of our times through powerful storytelling. Since its premiere in 1983, the series has won every major journalism and broadcasting award, including 89 Emmy Awards, 20 Peabody Awards and 4 duPont-Columbia Gold Batons. Today, pbs.org/frontline remains one of PBS's most popular general-audience sites with over 200 full-length documentaries available free to stream anywhere, anytime. FRONTLINE stands alone in providing the breadth and depth of coverage needed to understand our world. Our long-form documentaries and approaches to innovative storytelling have bolstered the series’ reputation for fairness, accuracy, credibility and transparency.
FRONTLINE is seeking a mid-career producer/editor for a yearlong digital video fellowship. In an age of round-the-clock breaking news, FRONTLINE remains committed to provocative, hard-hitting, longform journalism — and this fellow should be, too. The Abrams Digital Video Fellow, under the leadership of the Director of Digital Video, will work closely with FRONTLINE’s dedicated cadre of reporters, filmmakers and editors to bring FRONTLINE’s signature brand of journalism to life in new ways. Throughout the year, the fellow will work on everything from creating dynamic stories for social to producing innovative multimedia projects. We’re looking for a storyteller and journalist who cares deeply about telling stories in engaging new ways and who knows how to craft stories for social platforms, such as YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. She or he needs to be able to develop and pitch stories and should have a proven track record for producing projects from start to finish.
The fellow must also be a good collaborator, communicator and able to work on multiple projects under tight deadline. An ideal candidate should have an understanding of FRONTLINE's past work and core mission.
If this sounds like you, here’s what we need:
* Cover Letter.
* Links to 2-3 samples of your work (explaining your role on each project).
* And we’d like to know about the videos or multimedia projects that inspire you. So please include links to 2-3 projects you are obsessed with and tell us why.
This is a project contract position for 52 weeks.
* Leverage FRONTLINE’s reporting and films to create smart engaging videos and interactives for a variety of platforms.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* 3-5 years of video experience.
* Fluent in Avid and Adobe CS suite of products, including Premiere, Photoshop and Illustrator.
* Expertise with After Effects.
* Ability to plan and execute strong digital and social videos from start to finish.
* Excellent writing, organizational and communication skills
* Ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects.
* Strong collaboration skills and a great team player.
* Ability to work independently without a high level of supervision.
* Knowledge and understanding of the FRONTLINE brand and journalistic sensibilities.
* Strong news judgment.
Bachelor's degree in film, journalism or equivalent work experience.
WGBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, WGBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.