Kansas City PBS is currently seeking a managing editor of digital and multimedia content for its multiple digital platforms. The managing editor will work closely with editorial and production departments across one of Kansas City’s most trusted brands.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing an editorial staff, recruiting freelancers, conceiving and assigning stories, managing budgets and growing a digital audience. An understanding of video production is a plus.
Kansas City PBS is a dynamic public media company that includes a PBS affiliate television station, an NPR Music affiliate radio station, and a digital news magazine, Flatland.
- Work across the station to edit, publish and promote digital content.
- Grow and manage digital team, establish and report on measures of success.
- Oversee the website’s production schedule, assign stories, top-edit all copy.
- Assign and recruit writers, negotiate writer contracts.
- Coordinate with various departments to maximize reach and audience (including but not limited to social media and audience engagement).
- Identify potential legal problems with online content.
- Maintain journalism standards and ethics.
- Ensure all content is engaging and relevant to the audience.
- 5+ years of editing experience, preferably for a digital publication, with experience in a management role and team-building.
- Experience growing a digital audience across multiple platforms.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently across several teams.
- Strong editorial judgment about content and its accuracy, tone and organization.
- Strong judgment about visuals and photography.
- Excellent editing skills.
- Extremely organized, ability to set and enforce daily deadlines.
- Strong, successful experience managing and meeting editorial budgets.
- A working knowledge of basic content management systems (CMS) such as Wordpress. A fair knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is preferable.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or a related field.
If interested in this opportunity, send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter how you found out about this position. KCPT is an E-Verify, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
More search results
Assistant Professional Practice Professor/KOMU Di…
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI COLUMBIA
OPB seeks Science Reporter/Content Producer
City Government Reporter
Capital City Press
Digital and Audience Engagement Editor
Nieman Foundation for Journalism at Harvard
Copy of Associate Professor or Professor of the P…