Food Content Reporter
FOOD CONTENT REPORTER
Love local? Here at Flatland, the digital magazine of Kansas City PBS, we’re looking for a reporter to be part of that important link between us and our Foodie community. You’ll ideally have 3-5 years of experience in multimedia reporting. The Food Content reporter will produce timely food and feature content primarily for Flatland, but also cross promote with KCPT and The Bridge. This multimedia producer/reporter will produce stories, curate content, and contextualize information for multimedia distribution as assigned by and developed with the station’s Managing Editor.
Job functions include:
- Write, produce, and edit transmedia stories for multimedia distribution.
- Generate ideas for stories, social media outreach, and content presentation.
- Under the direction of the Managing Editor, follow the KCPT, Flatland and Bridge strategic plan and editorial vision, and be responsible for the editorial integrity of content produced.
- Delve into the food and drink scene in the Kansas City region, making KCPT's channels the go-to sources for breaking and in-depth food content.
- Develop contacts and follow major developments and trends in the assigned area of focus.
- Attend meetings and represent the station at public events, including KCPT, Flatland and The Bridge-sponsored events.
- Record regular food and drink updates for 90.9 The Bridge.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or other disciplines that emphasize visual storytelling and multimedia production. In addition, this individual will have excellent visual storytelling skills, news judgment and high ethical standards, experience conducting interviews and willingness to assist with broadcast productions, excellent project management skills for on-time delivery on tight deadlines, excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively, experience managing video distribution channels such as YouTube, Vimeo, and iTunes, basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and video editing software, basic knowledge of DV and HD video camera operation, a valid driver’s license and ability to be insured, and must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes nights and weekends. Experience producing multimedia graphics and knowledge of Microsoft Office, AVID, Adobe Softwares, WordPress and Trello are preferred.
If interested in this exciting opportunity, send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include in your cover letter how you found out about this position. KCPT is an E-Verify, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
More search results
TV Reporter/Video Producer
St. Louis Public Radio | 90.7 KWMU
Washington Correspondent, AJC
Cox Enterprises / Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Bosch Fellow – Professional and Intercultural Exp…
The Chronicle of Higher Education