Snap Judgment, the award winning radio show and podcast (heard on over 400 NPR stations nationwide, and downloaded over two million times every month) is seeking a Community Editor.
Based in downtown Oakland California, this contract position reports directly to the Executive Producers and Operations Manager of Snap Judgment.
- Social media management: Communications and audience engagement on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit for one weekly show and a second, seasonal show. Unification of the Snap brand identity across platforms, development of features and series for continual audience outreach.
- Brand and community management: Development of Snap’s brand identity and input into Snap’s aesthetics and digital messaging strategy during website overhaul and on ongoing basis.
- Fundraising and live show promotion: Creation of communications for membership campaign and promotional pushes. Community Editor will work closely with operations manager and development team on mebership content and fundraising strategy.
- Website/blog/newsletter: Working with production team on episode pages and special projects to ensure that broadcast and podcast production is synced with web updates. Working closely with in-house graphic designer and overseeing occasional commissions of artwork and other brand assets. Close collaboration with Executive Producers on newsletter/blog/behind-the-scenes features and updates.
- Experience managing a media brand. Proven ability to synthesize a unified voice and personality for public figure and/or media endeavor. Candidate will be required to show examples of work on behalf of other brands in the podcast or media industry.
- Demonstrated ability to generate new regular series ideas and special projects for building goodwill, growing an audience, and getting people engaged and excited on social platforms. We are looking for creative, proactive, and knowledgeable content creators in this space.
- Ability to help producers and operations staff think about brand identity and community engagement in their work. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Impeccable writing skills. Attention to detail a must.
- Ability to work 20-30 hours/week.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Snap Judgment and Spooked content.
- Experience creating content for a premium membership campaign.
- Ability to perform duties remotely and within Snap’s Oakland office.
- Ability to get staff excited about participation in behind-the-scenes features, other promotional series. Clear communication skills with the ability to be effective across diverse groups throughout the company and among freelancers.
- Ability to work well under pressure, within the framework of tight deadlines.
- Ability to create clear contingency plans and systems for social monitoring after hours.
Snap Judgment is an Equal Opportunity Employer actively seeking diversity in the workplace. We encourage people of color, people with disabilities, veterans, women and gender-noncomforming candidates to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send resume, cover letter, and examples of your work to email@example.com. Please use "Community Editor" in the subject line.
More search results
American Dog Magazine ~ Bedford Dog, LLC
Knight Chair in Audience and Community Engagement…
University of Kansas - School of Journalism
Partner, Civic News Organization Success
American Journalism Project (AJP)
Senior Editor, Quanta Magazine
Senior WordPress Developer