- National Public Radio
- Washington, DC or New York City
NPR needs a Senior Recruiter with a strong understanding of media organizations and platforms (broadcast, digital, social media). You will source and hire NPR's next great storytellers via exceptional service to candidates. You are an experienced recruiter: resourceful, driven, and comfortable building relationships inside and outside NPR. Prior news experience is required.
- Lead talent relationships and sourcing of passive candidate
- Handle candidate evaluation, interviews, offers, references, negotiations, and closing.
- Work with hiring manager and interview team to prepare candidates for management meetings.
- Provide all candidates with an exceptional service, communication, and overall experience.
- Create a diverse pipeline of talent and improve NPR's recruitment efforts.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in human resources or a related field.
- 5+ years of proven recruiting experience for news and media organizations.
- Experience in current and emerging policies, practices, and trends.
- Results leading a team with multiple clients throughout searches.
- Collaborative leader who can move from strategic to tactical human resource services.
- Open, visible, and approachable. Energetic, accountable, and results oriented.
- Execellent relationship builder across the organization and withing HR.
- Proactive communicator who inspires confidence, takes initiative, values difference, and can create innovative solutions to complex problems for a diverse constituency.
- Unquestioned integrity and ethics; ability to gain the trust of others.
- Additional info: SCDC-NPR-Sr-Recruiter (188kb) (the link will open in a new window)