Footlocker.com is searching for a Product Copywriter. The core responsibility is to create sales-oriented copy that speaks to the assigned category consumer and sells products and services through multiple channels, including our website, emails, catalogs, social media, and other channels. Copy should meet marketing objectives, maintain Eastbay's brand image, and follow brand standards. A passion for sneakers is a plus!
Here is your opportunity to use your creative writing skills to contribute towards the continued growth of Footlocker.com/Eastbay!
- Write/edit accurate, sales-oriented product copy that adheres to brand standards and legal requirements. Primary responsibility is product detail page (PDP copy); output may also include SEO copy, PDPs, interviews, calls to action, or other content as directed. Work with team to coordinate writing assignments with current editorial staff and freelancers.
- Possess strong writing, punctuation, vocabulary, and compositional skills. Articulate nuances in feature/benefit format. Clearly explain technical information in a variety of long- and short-form formats. Research and add detail or seek information from vendors, buyers, influencers, blogs, or other reputable sources to tell a complete marketing story. Identify and call out key attributes of products for customers, and provide historical or cultural context to build customer rapport and awareness.
- Work with other departments to facilitate the acquisition of information; research and gather additional information independently as needed or as directed. Develop contacts throughout the industry to use as sources and background.
- Organize time to research, compose drafts, edit, and product copy and other assigned editorial as necessary. Efficiently prioritize and address multiple projects to meet assigned deadlines.
- Implement revisions as indicated on proofs and as requested, adapting brand and vendor standards and clarifying any ambiguous issues. Review all projects for completeness, accuracy, customer clarity, and correct reflection of brand and vendor standards.
- Attend vendor presentations, seminars, photo shoots, and interview opportunities as needed. Incorporate applicable information into the project.
- Become familiar with products and customers to develop appropriate strategies for each demographic. Attend product presentations, project kickoffs, strategy plan reviews, and other meetings to understand products and customers and create distinct copy for each banner's "muses" or archetypal customers.
- Review market research and available reports to stay on top of trends, muse vernacular, demographics, sales, and goals.
- Remain active in muse research and ad apt copy to changing customer communication trends as needed.
- Understand how to access and utilize copy repository database and related software. Coordinate with third-party vendors for export and receipt of copy as needed.
- Assist others in the department and cross-train within editorial to understand various copy processes to help different areas as needed. Review and edit third-party submissions as needed.
- Organize and prioritize a high workload volume, ensuring that critical milestone dates are met.
- Complete work with limited supervision. Work collaboratively in a matrix environment to achieve Foot Locker Inc. objectives.
- Provide regular updates to supervisors, including opportunities and vulnerabilities.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
More search results
Assistant Professional Practice Professor/KOMU Di…
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI COLUMBIA
OPB seeks Science Reporter/Content Producer
City Government Reporter
Capital City Press
Digital and Audience Engagement Editor
Nieman Foundation for Journalism at Harvard
Copy of Associate Professor or Professor of the P…