The Digital Editorial Producer will write, edit, manage and coordinate content across SNY's digital platforms, delivering great stories using data to help drive decisions. The Digital Editorial Producer, reporting to the Senior Editorial Producer, will help coordinate a team of writers and editors to ensure that the network provides users with the most relevant, timely and engaging online New York sports content possible. Must be able to work nights in the office until as late as 2 a.m.
- Proactively propose original, timely and innovative stories covering New York sports
- Write, edit and post stories to our digital properties utilizing a content management system and other digital tools
- Help post and manage the placement of content on the SNY home page that reflects the most relevant and timely news in New York sports
- Write and report on various events (games, practices, etc.) and provide articles in timely manner covering the key news/storylines of the day
- Promote content with journalistically accurate, creative, engaging and SEO friendly headlines
- Assist Senior Editorial Producer with updating editorial calendar, working with insiders, video and social team to develop story ideas and make sure our work is being tracked
- Proactively search for latest and relevant content around the web, social media and other platforms that can be spun into stories relevant to our fans ("content mining")
- Produce newsletters, manage alerts
- Must be a passionate writer/editor with a deep knowledge of New York sports and its professional and collegiate teams, who knows how to aggregate, find and program engaging sports content
- Minimum 2 years' experience editing & producing digital sports content
- Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice - shifts range anywhere from as early as 8 a.m. and as late as 2 a.m. A Freelance Editorial Producer may work anywhere from about 10 to 30 hours per week, depending on availability
- Bachelor's Degree is required; degree in Journalism, English, Marketing/Advertising, Communication or relevant area is preferred
- High level social/mobile media understanding. Candidate should have high proficiency using Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, RSS, smartphones and tablet devices. Checking blogs, monitoring major sports sites, and following sports media personalities on Twitter are all examples of activities an ideal candidate would perform on a daily basis
- Possess strong writing and communication skills. Editing skills/experience is a plus; formal editing background is not required but a keen eye for punctuation and grammar is important.
- Candidate should be familiar with basic photo editing.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a time-sensitive environment. Organized, detail-oriented individual with strong work ethic, strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume/CV through
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Ability to travel as required
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Mastery of all of these platforms will eventually be required. However, training will be provided where necessary.
- AP Style writing
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS
- Urban Airship
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/Audition/Media
- Microsoft Suite: (Outlook/Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Google Suite: (Calendar/Docs/Analytics)