The Senior Editor will be primarily responsible for overseeing the editing and maintenance of ESPNDeportes.com's content feeds, including home and interior content landing pages. On a daily basis, this person will manage a team that will be assessing content from a variety of sources (includes wire services, partners, ESPN staffers, freelancers, plus interactive elements, social media, audio and video) to determine how it fits into our daily news coverage and programming needs. Must be an excellent headline writer and able to present and tell stories in a tight space. Must show good judgment in prioritizing all online content for a national audience. The Senior Editor will produce daily programming budgets incorporating the best content from the company's various platforms.
- The Senior Editor will oversee a team that will be assessing multiple stories on a daily basis.
- Along with the daily programming roles, the Senior Editor will be responsible in short and long-term editorial planning, creating programming strategies specifically tailored to the content and audience consumption patterns.
- Senior Editors manage contributions and assignments of the ESPN reporters.
- The Senior Editor will work across multiple content and delivery platforms to develop in-depth projects, feature packages, and daily content.
- A minimum of 5 years working in a high-level sports media environment.
- Possess an expert-level knowledge of one or more of NFL, NBA, MLB, and Soccer, including fantasy and gambling areas. This includes not just on-field expertise, but a knowledge of the cutting-edge thoughts, trends and writers covering the sport.
- Understand and follow closely the latest in fan engagement data and key performance metrics to optimize content creation and distribution to fans.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of news and story play.
- Excellent headline writing skills and an understanding of search engine optimization.
- Work quickly and juggle multiple tasks during a typical workday.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) - oral and written
- A minimum of 7 years working in a high-level sports media environment.
- Experience in online media content preparation. Applicants must have the ability to work in a rapidly changing online environment and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sports takes place on nights, weekends and holidays -- and those shifts will be regular and required.
- Have a background or quickly become competent in HTML.
- Bachelor's Degree in communication arts, journalism or new media or equivalent combination of education experience.