The Associate Editor will be primarily responsible for assisting with the editing and maintenance of ESPNDeportes.com's content feeds, including videos and interior content landing pages. On a daily basis, this person will work with content from a variety of sources (includes wire services, partners, ESPN staffers, freelancers, plus interactive elements, social media, audio and video) to execute on the direction from the Senior and General Editors.
- The Associate Editor will assist with multiple stories on a daily basis.
- Along with the daily programming roles, the Associate Editor will be tasked with working closely with the digital video production team to ensure video placement based on editorial direction.
- Associate Editors monitor and filter contributions from ESPN reporters.
- The Associate Editor will work across multiple content and delivery platforms on assigned projects, feature packages, and daily content.
- Experience working in a high-level sports media environment
- Possess a strong knowledge of one or more of NFL, NBA, MLB, and Soccer, including fantasy and gambling areas.
- Understand and follow closely the latest in fan engagement data and key performance metrics to optimize content creation and distribution to fans.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of news and story play.
- Understanding of search engine optimization.
- Work quickly and juggle multiple tasks during a typical workday.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) - oral and written
- 2+ years working in a high-level sports media environment.
- Experience in online media content preparation. Applicants must have the ability to work in a rapidly changing online environment and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sports takes place on nights, weekends and holidays -- and those shifts will be regular and required.
- Have a background or quickly become competent in HTML.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education experience.