The Travel Magazine Database offers detailed information on exactly which articles magazine editors commission from freelance writers and what you need to know to make sure your article idea is a good fit and put together a targeted pitch.
The 600+ full magazine breakdowns in the Travel Magazine Database feature in-depth analysis of each publication’s content and needs, including:
- which sections are open to freelancers
- the length of each section
- the tone, format, style, and structure of each section
- examples of what has been covered previously in each section
- which regular contributors pen recurring columns
- the magazine’s target readership traits
- the percentage of travel-related content in each issue
- where to read full issues online
- editors’ email addresses
We are currently bringing on additional writers to help us expand the database, which currently features two to three new magazine breakdowns each week.
You can see the type of writing we are looking for in this sample entry (https://travelmagazinedatabase.com/full-access-preview/) and a full tour of the database here (https://travelmagazinedatabase.com/tour/). The length of each post varies, as each magazine has a different amount of freelance content to break down.
We are looking for writers who can commit to contributing between two and five magazine breakdowns per month. Please do not apply if your capacity is lower than this.
- degree in journalism or other demonstrated familiarity with magazines
- experience with AP style (a must)
- previous copywriting experience
- WordPress proficiency
- U.S.-based, non-nomadic to receive magazine shipments
Please review the sample post about and then write email@example.com with the following information to apply:
- the phrase “TMD Contract Writer” in the subject line
- something that stood out to you in the sample post
- a couple paragraphs on why you are uniquely qualified for this position in line with the desired background outlined above
- three examples of your previous copywriting (no blog posts or articles; only copywriting)
- your per post rate for this type of work
- your availability next week (during weekday business hours only please) for a brief phone interview