- Telework and telecommuting are allowed
Current is the trade publication for professionals working in public radio, TV and digital media in the U.S. We’re looking for a reporter to focus on trends and innovations in public television, including developments among PBS and local stations.
Our readers want to know how the competitive landscape for TV and video is changing and how their stations and networks can stand out and thrive. It’s your job to identify and analyze significant trends while keeping them abreast of developments in programming, technology and fundraising that affect their workplaces.
This position also involves covering developments in federal funding for public broadcasting, a major source of support for the system that’s a perennial hot potato — especially under President Trump. You’ll also be reporting on the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, which distributes federal funds to public TV and radio stations.
The ideal candidate:
- Shows creativity — looks for fresh angles on trends and writes with flair and incisiveness
- Is enterprising — cam identify unique stories that no other publication will provide for our discerning readers
- Exhibits versatility — able to juggle breaking news and long-term, in-depth assignments
- Has at least three years’ experience in journalism
- Possesses a track record that shows a solid commitment to ethics
- Has experience with collecting and interpreting data
- Can travel occasionally to cover conferences and report from the field
Current is an editorially independent journalistic service of the American University School of Communication. Our mission is to help people who work in public media excel at their jobs, build strong institutions and connect with the shared sense of mission that unites the field. Unlike many other trade publications, we don’t shy from covering controversy and telling it like it is.
Telework and telecommuting are allowed for this position.
More search results
Graphics & Data Editor, RFE/RL’s Central Newsroom
Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, Inc.
Director of Research, Donald W. Reynolds Journali…
UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI COLUMBIA
KUOW Puget Sound Public Radio
Ad Agency Copywriter
Image Makers Advertising, Inc.
Assistant Editor - Team Coco
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.