Poynter, the home for coverage of and resources for the media, is looking for help to report on the media news industry during one of its most dynamic moments.
This is a six-month contract, reporting on media beat topics, 1-2 articles per week and publishing and engaging on social media platforms, scheduling 16 to 40 social media posts per day and engaging with audience responses. Contractor will also write one article per week for college programming and meet once a month with the director of college programming.
We are committed to diversity and an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply.
The right person would have some combination of these attributes (though not necessarily all of them):
- Strong sense of curiosity and a love of journalism and news media;
- Tech savvy, has the ability to quickly learn new content management systems;
- Understands social media well and follows emerging conversations;
- Enjoys remote work; we prize collegiality in an online environment;
- One to five years of journalism experience (college media counts).
Poynter is the world’s leading instructor, innovator, convener and resource for anyone who aspires to engage and inform citizens. It is home to PolitiFact, the International Fact-Checking Network, MediaWise and the Craig Newmark Center for Ethics and Leadership.
We are moving quickly. Please send three reporting/writing samples and a letter explaining why you’d be a good fit for this contract as soon as possible to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
Deadline to apply: September 11, 2020
Contract starts in September. You can work from anywhere in the U.S.