MARKETING WRITER and STRATEGIST
As the marketing writer and strategist, you will engage our community by crafting content to showcase our expertise and corporate culture. You will write marketing copy for blogs, websites, webinars, social media, digital ads, email campaigns, video scripts, and more. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team lead by the VP of marketing and communications, you will apply your writing, editing, research, and interviewing skills to gather, organize, formulate and present content tailored to audiences ranging from technical engineers to executives. In your role, you will work with division heads to market their solutions for cybersecurity, cloud, software development, and enterprise solutions.
We are a company of 3,400 employees spread throughout the country. Our team create and shapes the strategies in which we internally and externally share accomplishments, celebrate each other and stay connected. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the vocabulary and cultural landscape of information technology and business. In addition, you are a stickler when it comes to language, word choice, and style.
Your team will be a small but mighty group of hard-working and talented individuals who are there to support you and collaborate. Our team has many communication tools that have allowed us to transition smoothly to teleworking during the pandemic. Once it is safe and we are able to go back to the offices, you will have a flexible schedule and an opportunity to telework part of the week and spend the remainder at our offices in Fairfax, VA. Regardless of location, we will count on your availability and responsiveness during core work hours and your in-person attendance at our team meetings, local events, and conferences.
- Write marketing content: long-form, short-form, social media, paid media, and video script
- Initiate marketing strategies and see them through-from ideation and development to testing and launch
- Collaborate with outside consultants and contribute to planning advertising campaign implementation
- Analyze and track data, set benchmarks, and draw actionable insights to enhance our efforts and strategy
- Write in appropriate style for each communication's purpose and audience
- Collaborate with diverse and geographically dispersed teammates and subject matter experts
- Exceptional writing skills, with experience and related samples
- Excellent knowledge of LinkedIn best practices and advertising
- Demonstrate experience in creating and publishing various content types, ad formats, and video through samples submitted with resume
- Self-directed but collaborative and able to leverage criticism and direction
- Capable of executing multiple initiatives concurrently in an agile, fast-paces environment
- Relentless curiosity when it comes to latest marketing trends and marketing strategies
- Skillful at improving clarity and readability of highly technical content
- Flawless at grammar, punctuation, and usage
- Excellent interviewer / listener / note-taker / researcher
- Bachelor's degree in English, marketing, communications, journalism, or another relevant program
- 3+ years of writing experience in business-to-business and/or business-to-government advertising, PR, or marketing communications
- Samples to demonstrate the ability to write clearly and accurately about technology, science, or other complex topics
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.