- Sinclair Broadcast Group
The Assignment Editor gathers and disseminates information from all sources used in both newscasts and web/digital news stories. This includes generating original content for the stations' web pages as well as social media platforms. Responsible for other tasks associated with the production of a newscast and digital news stories such as making phone calls, story fact checking, disseminating information to news crews in the field, and handling logistics of live remote segments on all platforms.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Gather information for stories by taking and making phone calls to various news sources.
- Listen to police and fire scanners for breaking news.
- Dispatch crews and equipment to story locations for both live and recorded coverage while communicating quickly and accurately in rapidly changing situations.
- Record live feeds to the station from local live crews and national network sources.
- Coordinate story sharing with other Sinclair and ABC News stations.
- Enter and track stories in the department's computer Planner system.
- Daily tracking of significant court cases and facilitating video coverage requests and pool coverage as permitted.
- Writing news and edit and publish stories for the web and social media.
- Assist Digital Content Manager in double checking content for accuracy, spelling and typos before posting.
- Update stories and breaking news to insure the very latest content is on the web and social media pages.
- A college degree and experience in a television news department preferred.
- Knowledge of Broadcast Journalism.
- Knowledge of newsroom computers.
- Experience with web-content management systems
- Technical knowledge of web and social media functions as well as strong editorial judgment.
- Ability to work with others. Creativity, people skills, and a positive, can-do attitude are needed.
- Well informed of what's happening in the local, national and international news each day.
- Strong news writing skills and understanding of current events.
- Valid driver license.
- Must be able to lift 5-10 lbs.
- Hours: Must be available to work all shifts including evenings, early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
More search results
International Training Project Manager
Assistant Professor of Journalism and Creative Wr…
North Carolina State University
Paid, Summer Journalism Internships
Dow Jones News Fund
OPB seeks an Executive Editor for our Arts and Cu…
Oregon Public Broadcasting
OPB Seeks News Editor
Oregon Public Broadcasting