- Sinclair Broadcast Group
KMPH/KFRE is looking for a take-charge General Assignment Reporter to help us continue to grow and empower our audiences! We are seeking a motivated, energetic, creative, and aggressive reporter who can think and perform outside the box. The ideal candidate should be able to develop story ideas and gather information for newscasts, have sound writing skills, a great work ethic, and a can-do attitude. The best person for this job will have excellent live shot skills and thrives on breaking stories. To get serious consideration the applicant must be able to show us, via samples of their on-air work at a network-affiliate TV Newsroom, their ability to do active and involved live shots where the reporter and photographer work together to showcase the scene (not looking for someone who stands still and speaks into the camera), someone who understands conversational writing and delivery, and knows how to let real people tell stories. Please understand we will not consider entry-level candidates or anyone with less than two-years of experience as a field reporter for a network-affiliate TV news department.
No day will look the same as a Reporter, however, the main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Create, shoot, write and edit meaningful stories for station's newscast that can be used across multiple platforms
- Provide news on-air as directed from the news management team
- Engaging with local community members
- Reviewing material for fairness, accuracy, and balance
- Work closely with all members of the news team, which would include Producers, Editors, Anchors, News Directors etc.
Additionally, this person should have a?
- Proven knowledge and experience working with current media creation tools and contemporary newsroom systems
- Excel in storytelling across multiple platforms
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills are a must
- two years of experience as a Reporter as a network-affiliate TV newsroom (no entry-level candidates will merit consideration)
- Must be able to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!