- Sinclair Broadcast Group
WCTI/WYDO is looking for a dynamic full-time anchor. In addition to being an outstanding journalist with a great personality, you must be a team leader. Our anchors are leaders who participate in the planning of our shows and produce content regularly. A competitive passion to win and openness to innovation is mandatory! Our winning candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. Collaboration is a big part of this role. The person we will interview must have more than just a great on-air presence and an ability to connect with viewers during our evening newscasts. We need a partner with a strong investigative background and excellent storytelling and writing skills. Our anchors must not only be able to produce great content of their own on a consistent basis but mentor other members of the team on a day-to-day basis. We need a anchor who is not afraid to ask tough questions of our leaders in order to get answers for our viewers. We're looking for an anchor who is strong on social media, one that is able to demonstrate a grasp of how to connect with fans and followers. Making public appearances and connecting with the community is an integral part of the job, and we need an anchor who embraces that commitment.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• You must have at least 5 years of on-air experience
• Live commercial television experience is a must
• Strong 'in-the-field and live' skills
• You must be a self-starter who can generate his or her own story ideas daily
• Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
• Exceptional written communications skills using a conversational writing style
• Strong editorial judgment and a proven ethical foundation
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!