Under general supervision, the Video Producer is responsible for all web production of the Game Informer Online website. In addition to creating managing art assets for the website, this job entails photography, videography, community management and assisting with editorial duties such as news, previews and interviews. Associate will interact with his or her supervisor several times a week, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and feedback. Many non-routine activities will require a supervisor's advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Create original artwork for the website.
- Create and implement multimedia assets for the website, including gameplay videos, screenshots, photographs, interview videos and audio interviews for both Game Informer Online's main website and the "Unlimited" portion of the site.
- Maintain the website daily in regards to functionality and appearance (visual tweaks and other related maintenance).
- Maintain use of backend website related features, including News Story Admin, Top Story Feed, XML and RSS feeds.
- Create weekly newsletter and newsletter assets.
- Manage, maintain and oversee Game Informer Online community forums as a global admin including members and moderators.
- Create daily, original editorial content for the website in the form of hands-on impressions, hands-on previews and news stories, as well as creation of original editorial content in regards to press conferences and events ("first looks," hands-on's, audio interviews, videos, photos, on-site reports)
- Travel in conjunction with Game Informer Magazine staff for extended cover story coverage for the Game Informer "Unlimited" section.
- Stay up to date on web ad campaigns with the sales team.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of current internet technology and business trends.
- Maintain the "Staff" pages included in the "Unlimited" section of the website.
- Post relevant video game industry related news stories per press releases and other external sources, as well as the process of fact-checking of said external sources.
- Travel to off-site locations for the purpose of covering press conferences and other video game industry related events.
- Conduct interviews and Q & A sessions with relevant video game industry producers, developers, public relations specialists, etc.
- Creation and maintenance of "Games List" per each monthly issue of "Unlimited."
- Edit images (watermarking, resizing via Photoshop) for inclusion with "Games List" per each monthly issue of "Unlimited."
- Conduct occasional maintenance and updating of Game Informer Online's "Corporate" pages, including upload of new advertising rate cards, circulation cards, as well as Spec and Closing Date cards.
- Maintain good-standing relationships with representatives of video game companies and public relations firms.
- Communication - Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Innovation- Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Managing Work - Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeps up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree from an accredited program in Video, Web or Commercial Design preferred
- At least 5 years of experience producing video content for professional internet websites
- Must be able to travel up to 50% domestically and internationally
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Premier, Video Codecs, Web Coding
- Proficient knowledge of advanced web business, concepts and design
- Proficient knowledge of both photo and video editing software for the creation of respective assets for the website
- Proficient knowledge of sound editing software, including Sound Forge and MP3 ID3 tagging
- Proficient knowledge of HTML, XML, CSS, RSS and website related technologies
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English
- Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Ability to create and manage daily and original art assets for the site, including site graphics, story art, screenshots, trailers and video features.
- Working knowledge of web business and video game industry
- Proficient knowledge of video games of all genres preferred
- Able to work with managing editor in creating original and creative content for the website
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities