Do you want to be part of an organization dedicated to tackling global issues such as climate change? Do you get excited by communicating complex topics graphically and concisely? DNV GL is growing our Energy Insights team and is looking to add proposal manager/technical writer to support our sales and reporting efforts.
DNV GL - Energy is seeking a team member with a passion for supporting the future of the clean energy industry with our Energy Insights team- a team of energy market research and evaluation professionals across the country. The successful candidate will serve as a proposal manager and technical writer, responsible for supporting the sales lifecycle and assisting with report writing and publication.
This position may be located in any DNV GL office in the continental United States. Remote (home) office locations in the continental U.S. will be considered. This position will require some travel to client offices and sites, other office locations, and conferences, approximately 10-20% of the time.
Tasks May Include
- Proposal management
- Help ensure proposals are properly scoped, identify and evaluate assumptions, help identify risks, and ensure proper Legal, Financial, Table of Authority, and workflow requirements are met.
- Proposal reviews - assess required content, proposal length, proposal requirements, necessary attachments, and related.
- Partner with bid managers to develop a proposal schedule. Assist bid manager in maintaining accountability to the schedule.
- Work in partnership with internal and external collaborators and participate in strategy sessions on assigned proposals to develop win themes and strategic approaches to creating a winning proposal.
- Assist with development of marketing materials, qualification submittals and finalist presentations to ensure consistency and adherence to corporate quality practices.
- Supervise proposal process throughout the development of sales effort and create synergy among the team for creative and winning proposals, while implementing best practices throughout the business unit.
- Utilize prior knowledge and experience to help lead, inform, and share "lessons learned" to those preparing business unit proposals.
- Track and regularly report on pending bids, current bid reviews, current proposal team deadlines, and current proposal team status.
- Participate in effort to enhance standard boiler-plate and proposal libraries, in support of establishing unit-wide proposal development tools and templates.
- Proposal or report content development
- Assist project managers and proposal teams to develop report outline and content development plan for assigned research reports and proposals
- Collaboratively work with SMEs, PMs, prime- and sub-contractors to understand the energy industry and develop content that specifies key messages, value propositions, key differentiators against competition, study findings, and study recommendations.
- Construct final content from outline material constructed by others,
- Assemble proposal content, which may include collecting and assembling core qualification materials (resumes, biographies, project qualifications, references, certifications, and related); tracking and monitoring working drafts; assembling required attachments, addendums, and related, including communicating with other company managers and staff for required legal reviews, signatures, work flows; and similar.
- Provide quality assurance and best practice reviews for all documents and materials, which may include substantially rewriting complete chapters; adding new text to fill gaps; improving readability, consistency, and clarity; correcting for grammar and punctuation, and correcting both writing and formatting styles per company standards.
- Abstract, condense, or create general information for inclusion in proposal and report documents, including graphic or tabular presentations.
- Create and manage SharePoint site for team collaboration.
- Work with in-house editors and design team on projects, and to create repository of infographics and iconography.
- Finalize deliverables into ready to send form (via electronic means, uploading to web portals, and/or hard copy shipments, as required in RFP or by client).
- Bachelor's degree or higher in English, Writing, Journalism, Marketing, Business, or related field required
- PMI CAPM certification or demonstrated project management experience preferred
- Five (5) or more years of experience in similar writing or marketing position(s) required
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing business proposals; bid planning, intelligence gathering, field research, data collection, competitive analyses and partnership (prime and sub- contractor) strategy required
- Experience with energy utilities preferred
- Experience in a consulting environment preferred
- Experience creating graphics or other visual work products preferred
- Expert skills with MS Word (working with templates, defined styles, section breaks, etc.) and PowerPoint required
- High proficiency with Visio, Adobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe InDesign required
- Demonstrated ability and experience to perform technical editing using one or more stylebooks, particularly Chicago and AP required
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with demonstrated flexibility in a high-performance, fast changing global culture are essential
- Detail-oriented, innovative, client-focused, able to prioritize multiple projects and deliverables with competing deadlines
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of the time
We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening.
**Immigration-related benefits (for example, visa sponsorship) are not available for this position. **
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see:
Please visit our website at
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. Operating in more than 100 countries, our professionals are dedicated to helping customers in the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables and other industries to make the world safer, smarter and greener.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!