?WXIA, the TEGNA NBC-affiliate in Atlanta, GA, is seeking a Multi-Skilled Bilingual Journalist who knows the art of storytelling on both digital and on-air platforms. We want bilingual journalists who are able to shoot, write, edit, and produce enterprise content, with a 'digital-first' mindset. ?
In this role, you will:
- Enterprise stories and bring unique pitches to the table, focusing on ways to add context and perspective and include diverse voices. We want stories that stand out from the competition, not follow it.
- Cultivate a beat focused on the Hispanic/Latino community and cultural issues
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit pieces in an exciting, unique, and creative manner that feels authentic to you, while upholding the station's mission of Where Atlanta Speaks.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Develop original content through social listening, crowdsourcing, and independent sources.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
- Develop news sources that allow you to break stories.
- Operate news vehicle to and from various locations.
- Write and post several times a day on all digital platforms including social media.
- Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video and live news events.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.?
Here's what you need:
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 2-5 years of experience preferred
- Bilingual, (English & Spanish) speaking preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of strong storytelling
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events?
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit .
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.