???WNEP-TV, the ABC and TEGNA affiliate in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, PA has an opportunity for the right person to become a part of the on-air and digital news leader in northeastern and central Pennsylvania. Newswatch 16 has an opening for a News Anchor/MSJ. We are looking for an on-air talent to compliment our male anchor.
- Anchor newscasts from the set or in the field
- Assist wtih producing newscasts and writing promos
- Write news stories conversationally
- Represent the station at community events
- Develop story ideas and pitch unique stories
- Post and promote stories to our website and digital platforms
- ??Find enterprising and local news stories ?
- ??Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent experience required
- Demonstrated ability to deliver compelling and promotable stories
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit .
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.