- Sinclair Broadcast Group
News Producer - WGME CBS 13 / WPFO FOX 23
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to 177 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair!
WGME CBS13 / WPFO FOX23 in Portland, Maine is a trusted brand providing Maine viewers with local news, weather, sports, entertainment, and social media content. We hire talented people who wish to excel in the television and digital content industry. Our team is filled with spirit, passion and imagination. We are currently seeking a FT creative News Producer. The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our newscasts. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, and Assignment Desk on the newscast and its content. You will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories, and also develop content for our web site. The ideal candidates will have solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer, and be able to multitask and manage time to put together an exciting and informative newscast. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
• Use of graphics creatively and effectively
• Writing stories with relentless attention to detail
• Producing content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Working in fast-paced, open, team environment
• Working with management and reporters to generate stories
• Meeting daily deadlines in a high energy working environment
• Must be able to demonstrate leadership skills, and the ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Be self-motivated, passionate work well with others and be able to adapt to changing schedules
• Must keep up-to-date on local, state, national and international news
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must
• Must have at least one year of previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station
• Proficient with newsroom systems such as iNews
• Journalism degree preferred.
Applicants must apply online to be considered. You can apply at or . No phone calls or emails please. When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!