At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $20 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a profitable business funded by top-tier investors; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
About the Role
GoodRx is seeking an editor to contribute to our efforts in developing accurate, up-to-date, and clear content for our 10 million monthly visitors. The ideal candidate will be passionate and well-acquainted with personal finance issues involved in healthcare, with a background in journalism. Strong line and copy editing skills are a must, as is a willingness to pitch in to keep the editorial pipeline moving smoothly.
The Personal Finance Editor will work with the rest of the GoodRx Research team to create exceptional content that can help people find relevant and actionable information that allows them to make informed healthcare decisions. The GoodRx Research team consists of a cross-functional group of editors, economists, data analysts, and healthcare professionals who consistently work with colleagues across GoodRx to make our processes and projects ever better. GoodRx partners with more than 70,000 pharmacies across the U.S.
This position holds the responsibility for healthcare finance related editorial content, ensuring thorough, consistent and engaging coverage of topics ranging from private U.S. health insurance to Patient Assistance and drug coupon programs to Medicare.
- Create definitive content regarding health insurance and financial information relating to medical expenses and services.
- Write well thought out, fun to read, and informative articles that help readers make better decisions
- Work with the editorial and research teams to create content pipelines and deliver on the timelines
- Write and/or edit 3 to 5 articles per week
- Comfortable managing, recruiting and assigning to freelancers
- Must have strong line and copy editing skills and be able to turn around edits efficiently
- Make sure existing content is accurate and up-to-date
- Identify shareable content and contribute to social media platforms
- Work with the in-house team of editorial and SEO professionals to build article outlines
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ experience as a full time writer or editor
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or equivalent
- Outstanding writing, grammar and editing capabilities
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Eagerness to go deep on health insurance and drug pricing
- Basic understanding of SEO and content strategy methods to ensure content is created and structured for broad use and reuse