WTOL11 in Toledo, Ohio is looking for an engaging, and enterprising Weekend Morning Anchor/MSJ to join our news team. This person would need to have a deep desire to make our community a better place to live and work. The successful candidate will be an excellent on-camera communicator with interviewing, live and taped reporting skills. We're looking for great storytellers who will excel in this digital age of journalism. We want journalists who can create unique and shareable stories for all platforms. He or She must also have strong editorial judgement and be able to work with the producer to develop and content filled and engaging newscasts. ?
In this role, you will:
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
- Write, shoot and produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Transmit and present exciting live reports.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor.?
- Job Requirements
- Minimum 2-3 years news anchor experience
- Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan knowledge preferred
- Journalist and/or Mass Communications degree preferred
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking, general, and feature news reporting
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook and a keen eye toward what's trending locally and nationally.
- Knowledge of non-linear editing systems a must
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit .
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
More search results
International Training Project Manager
Assistant Professor of Journalism and Creative Wr…
North Carolina State University
Paid, Summer Journalism Internships
Dow Jones News Fund
OPB seeks an Executive Editor for our Arts and Cu…
Oregon Public Broadcasting
OPB Seeks News Editor
Oregon Public Broadcasting