13News Now, the TEGNA owned ABC affiliate in Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA is looking for highly skilled videographers who can create innovative and shareable content for television, social media, and mobile. We want photojournalists who are passionate about their craft and can tell great stories on their own or with a team. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest photography, editing tools, and techniques. They create unique and exciting content on all platforms. They are proficient with live news gathering tools such as microwave, satellite, and backpack operations.??
Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms through artistic, outstanding shooting and editing that evokes emotion and tells compelling stories.
- Maintain standard of brand excellence by shooting NPPA style, award-winning level of photography with composition, clean audio, use of light, and steadiness.
- Cover breaking, general, sports, feature, investigative, and political news stories.
- Use various lighting techniques and equipment to enhance on-air product and visual presentation.
- Work daily as a storyteller collaborating with reporters and producers to execute creative concept for story.
- Individually gather character driven stories while capturing environmental sound and elements to produce natural sound packages.
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from locations and set up live shots.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or Direct of Visual Presentation.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms through use of social media.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field.
- 2-5 years of photojournalist experience preferred.
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and microwave/satellite truck operations.
- Proven ability to shoot eye-catching, content-driven live shots and packages.
- Member and active participant in NPPA preferred.
- Demonstrated news judgment, superb photography experience, and non-linear editing skills.
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable.
- Demonstrated social media proficiency, especially in the field, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook.
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines.
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit .
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
More search results
International Training Project Manager
Assistant Professor of Journalism and Creative Wr…
North Carolina State University
Paid, Summer Journalism Internships
Dow Jones News Fund
OPB seeks an Executive Editor for our Arts and Cu…
Oregon Public Broadcasting
OPB Seeks News Editor
Oregon Public Broadcasting