KREM 2, the TEGNA-owned, CBS affiliate in Spokane, WA has an immediate opening for an Executive Producer. The Executive Producer will work collaboratively with other leaders and teach employees how to create unique, shareable content that evokes emotion on all platforms. Our ideal candidate can identify engaging content, teach others how to do so and develop a roadmap on how to meet the goals of our company. ?
- Lead KREM's special editorial content efforts as identified by leadership team.
- Identify, implement and maintain a content tracking tool to be used by content team.
- Look ahead to the next day, the next week, etc. for content ideas so KREM 2 gets a jump start on impactful news in the community.
- Enterprise news stories.
- Develop and teach staff to develop content through independent sources and social listening.
- Research and teach staff how to research for facts and credibility.
- Use consumer analytics in determining content.
- Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
- Help our teams create unique newscasts or digital segments evoking emotion.
- Write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting and digital platforms.
- Write and teach team members to do so in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Coach and inspire Anchors, MSJs and Producers to be exciting and engaging.
- Create and implement an onboarding strategy for all Content Team members.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor.?
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 2-5 years of experience preferred, including supervision and leadership of other journalists
- Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) speaking preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Ability to work mornings, nights and weekends
- Ability to be part of leadership team's weekend on call rotation?
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit .
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
More search results
International Training Project Manager
Assistant Professor of Journalism and Creative Wr…
North Carolina State University
Paid, Summer Journalism Internships
Dow Jones News Fund
OPB seeks an Executive Editor for our Arts and Cu…
Oregon Public Broadcasting
OPB Seeks News Editor
Oregon Public Broadcasting