WTIC-TV in Hartford is seeking a Full-Time Video Editor. Strong candidates understand how news video exists on three screens (television, internet, mobile), and are prepared to edit/produce on all three. Qualified candidates must be ready and able to quickly create high quality content and the content must be ready for air or web-posting in a timely manner.??
- Creative story telling of the highest journalist standards.
- Editing, filing and posting a variety of video elements including voice-overs, packages, high-end animations and bumpers.
- Ability to operate non-linear edit systems, experience with Edius and Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere & After Effects) is a plus.
- ENG shooting experience is also a plus.
- Maintain and be responsible for all issued station equipment and vehicles, in accordance with policy.
- Must have a professional demeanor and work well/as a team player with news team and staff at all times.
- Ability to multi-task, handling editing assignments and capturing feeds and FTP material, while constantly monitoring quality control.???
- Must have experience as a non-linear editor - preferably in a local TV news department environment.
- Ability to create/edit material for on-air broadcasts and web, while meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to work overnights.
- We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving and a strong work ethic.
- Experience in Edius a plus.?
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit .
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.