???WNEP-TV, the ABC and Tegna affiliate in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Pa. has an opening for a part-time weekend Assignment Editor. This position requires planning and coordination of news coverage in our northeastern and central Pennsylvania viewing area.
- ???Assign story coverage to photographers and reporters, and multiskilled journalists
- Communicate story developments to producers, field crews and managers
- Order and coordinate satellite time and feeds
- Monitor scanners, websites, email and social media for breaking news
- Write and post stories to wnep.com and all digital platforms ?
- Check for updates on developing stories
- Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent experience required
- Experience (1 year) working in a newsroom
- Must possess a valid Driver's License
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays?
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit .
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.