- Sinclair Broadcast Group
WKRC is seeking a dynamic Breaking News Anchor for our morning newscast! The person we are seeking to join our on-air team will bring a unique combination of journalistic, digital, and broadcasting skills. In this role, you will provide content for our local broadcast and digital platforms, as well as maintain a robust presence on WKRC social media pages.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Gathering news affecting the community
- Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts
- Anchoring multiple live reports from Breaking News Desk during AM News.
Required skills and qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Minimum of two years of anchor/reporter experience strongly preferred
- Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
- General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, and emerging social media
A Bachelor's degree with a major in journalism is also preferred. This position is full-time and will require working a flexible schedule that includes nights and holidays.
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.