- Sinclair Broadcast Group
Sinclair Broadcast Group's News Team is growing! We are seeking experienced writer/producers to create content for our news platforms.
The ideal candidate needs to be nimble and knowledgeable on national and regional news as well as politics. Must be able to write, produce and edit video. We are looking for people with news experience and a track record of making smart content decisions. Writer/producer will be a part of a team that will create content for the entire station group while serving the specific needs for our corporate news programs. The ideal candidate must be a team player with strong communication and writing skills.
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
- Write stories for daily newscasts and digital platforms
- Conduct research on stories in the news cycle
- Gather, write, edit and deliver news content when breaking news occurs
- Edit video news stories for all platforms
- Write scripts and material for stories under tight deadlines
- Knowledge and skills for integrating content with accompanying digital and social platforms
- Understanding of news writing and story structure
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have 3 years' experience in Journalism
- Must have strong communication and writing skills
- Must be extremely organized, motivated and a self-starter
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a constantly changing news environment
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.