KYTX in Tyler, TX needs a passionate, energetic, and creative News Producer who wants to shake things up. If you like to produce fast-paced, creative newscasts, we want to hear from you. You must love to innovate and be willing to change the game and throw out the playbook when it comes to creating shows. We're looking for a quick-learner who strives to create compelling, impactful stories. We need a producer who embraces social media and uses social platforms to give our viewers a voice in their show. ?
The ideal journalist will:
- Encourage innovation and risk-taking in crafting great newscasts that evoke emotion and showcase East Texas
- Write and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting and digital platforms
- Have a good understanding of social media platforms to incorporate our audience into newscasts
- Contribute to our broader news-gathering efforts by being a vocal member of our team, pitching story ideas and producing original content
- Work collaboratively with other producers and staff members
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and user-generated media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or content leader?
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 1-2 years of experience preferred (producing for college newscasts and internships included)
- Understanding the tenets of professional journalism
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, EDIUS, and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 62 television stations and four radio stations in 51 markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching over 38 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks Justice Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit .
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.