BCforward is currently seeking highly motivated Technical Writer for an opportunity in West Sacramento, CA(OnSite)!
- Technical Writer
- West Sacramento, CA(OnSite)!
- 12 months contract with possibility of extension
- Provides focused and insightful reviews of drafted materials, drives multiple projects in parallel that have various timelines, and contributes to resources and documentation that other staff use on a daily basis.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides focused and insightful reviews of drafted materials to other staff.
- Participates in complex, multi-faceted special projects with both client and internal stakeholders without requiring major oversight.
- Responds in a timely manner to questions from various stakeholders and assists with escalated issues accordingly.
- Creates, maintains, and contributes to resources and documentation that other staff use on a daily basis.
- Utilizes experience and knowledge to create unique solutions to unexpected barriers for both the department and junior staff.
- Writes and reviews with accessibility and ADA standards in mind.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, technical writing or related field preferred
- Two or more years of technical writing experience
- Experience working with desktop publishing, word processing, and on-line documentation software
- Experience working with industry writing style such as grammar, sentence form, and structure
- Experience with ADA and accessibility standards
- Good communication skills for interacting with personnel
- Experience using a screen reader.
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Ability to convert technical knowledge into easily understood terms
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to changes in process as they occur
BCforward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
We must inform you that during the hiring process, we may ask for you to disclose and provide us with various categories of your personal information, including identifiers such as your name and address, professional information, commercial information, education information, and other related information. Please note that we will only use this information to facilitate and complete the recruiting process. This posting is not an offer of employment. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and willing to cooperate with a background check and drug screen, to the extent permitted by federal and local laws up to and including both criminal and financial reviews. The submission of intentionally false or fraudulent information in response to this job posting shall render the applicant ineligible for the position. BCforward is an equal opportunity employer. Any subsequent offer of employment shall be considered employment at will regardless of the anticipated assignment duration.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 112359 when responding to this ad.
More search results
International Training Project Manager
Assistant Professor of Journalism and Creative Wr…
North Carolina State University
Paid, Summer Journalism Internships
Dow Jones News Fund
OPB seeks an Executive Editor for our Arts and Cu…
Oregon Public Broadcasting
OPB Seeks News Editor
Oregon Public Broadcasting