- The Madison Square Garden Company
- New York
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Bring content to life in new and exciting ways through video and motion graphics for the brand
- Optimize photo and video content for internal/external syndication and social sharing
- Work extremely closely and collaboratively with the New York Rangers Digital, Marketing, Creative, PR and Production teams
- Provide a steady stream of video content ideas for shoots and edits
- Create content while ensuring consistency by following company brand, quality and legal standards
- Plan, shoot, direct and edit multiple video pieces; select or set up camera shots and graphics for the brand
- Coordinate creative, technical, and pre and post-production activities to acquire quality content
- Handle critical deadlines and short turnarounds in a fast-paced environment
- Interact collaboratively and take direction in a 1 on 1 environment, as well as working independently
- Ingest, transcode, log, tag and share media with various departments with very quick turnaround times
- Assemble recorded raw material into a finished product that's suitable for digital and broadcast platforms
- The material may include camera footage, v/o, sound effects, captioning, graphics and special effects
- Potential travel with the New York Rangers as one of the day-to-day content shooter/editors on the road, at practices and during games and events
- Experience traveling and shooting photography and video for a sports team or network
- Proven track record engaging and interacting with athletes
- Experience establishing in-game and post-game work flows
- Candidate MUST have a flexible schedule and be able to work nights, weekends, holidays and off-hour shifts when needed. He/she must be able to work within the New York Rangers practice and game schedules. This position may travel with the team and shoot at events from time to time.
- Demonstrated experience with post production and graphics software, including Adobe Photoshop, Premiere & After Effects
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of production - concepting, prepping, shooting, editing, finishing
- Knowledge/expertise in the Rangers and Hockey is a must!
- Candidate should be nimble, calm under pressure, able to multi-task and wear many hats
- Superior strategic thinking, superb editing ability, confidence, keen eye for detail, grammar and style, and a deep passion for hockey with an understanding of music and popular culture
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, positive and innovative thinker
- Ability to deliver great work in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Knowledgeable about various cameras, equipment, shooting and editing styles and techniques
- Expertise in Live Stream is preferred
- Must be extremely organized and dependable
- Motion Graphics capabilities a plus
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.