U.S. News & World Report is seeking an experienced data reporter to gather and analyze data for our Government Rankings data projects and write news stories based upon data provided by U.S. News partners and other public sources. This full-time position requires solid data analysis and research skills, news reporting experience and the ability to identify, sort and manipulate third-party data sets. The position is based in Washington, D.C.
- Experience assembling and distilling data from multiple sources.
- Strong research, writing and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with Excel and database tools.
- 3 + years of professional news reporting and writing experience, preferably in an online news environment.
- Interest in public policy in the fields of health, economics, education and governance.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple stories simultaneously and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong understanding of SEO.
- Familiarity with content management systems, web production and social media.
- Experience with data visualization tools and software a plus.
- College degree or equivalent.
Applicants must provide three writing/editing clips in addition to a résumé and cover letter.
We are offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes healthcare, vision, dental, and 401(k) plan.