Assistant Professor, Journalism
As an Assistant Professor of Journalism, with an emphasis in digital, multimedia journalism, you will teach at both undergraduate and/or graduate levels, as applicable; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; research/scholarship; participate on College and University committees and/or initiatives.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
A Master's degree and 5 years of professional full-time journalism experience. The degree must be in a journalism-related discipline, such as Journalism, Mass Communication, English, Multimedia Studies, Writing, Interactive Communications, Visual Journalism, Design, Photography or Photojournalism from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation
- Terminal degree (e.g., PhD., MFA).
- Demonstrated evidence of teaching experience at the college or university level.
- Full-time journalism experience.
- ABD will be considered if degree is conferred by August 7, 2020. If successful candidate is ABD, appointment will be made at a Lecturer level on a fixed contract.
Essential Job Duties
- Teaches a 3/3 load of undergraduate and/or graduate Journalism courses.
- Assists in curriculum and program development.
- Pursues scholarly research. Actively pursues extramural funding to support research program(s).
- Participates in department and university-wide events or projects.
- Serves on college and university committees and/or initiatives.
- Additional duties may be assigned by supervisor.
FGCU is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer