Sports Video Editor
ESPN Production Operations is a unit within the Production division of ESPN Content. Our staff comprises Network Operations, Edit, Studio, Production Control Rooms, Operations Specialists, Facility Resources and Business Operations. Production Operations staffs the operational positions (camera, editing, master control, technical directing, etc.) that support domestic and international studio and event programming and network operations.
The Video Editor possesses a sound ability for non-linear video editing in a fast paced Sports Broadcast atmosphere. The Video Editor is expected to be a team player who collaborates amongst various teams while operating at a proficient level. They look for learning opportunities within the department to hone their craft.
- Proficient operating skills and ability to perform well under pressure, high demand, strict timelines and/or live conditions with little supervision.
- Operates a wide range of assignments within the particular discipline that is indicated by the job title
- Conducts quality control measuring and corrective action steps to ensure and/or enhance product
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of workflow, equipment and facility layout in assigned areas for troubleshooting
- Solid understanding of workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations.
- Organization, efficiency, and planning skills are required.
- Participation in training programs, (physical classroom, virtual, etc.) for personal career development, new equipment and/or workflow changes within the operation.
- Keep abreast of technology and workflows to create accurate and efficient results in specific assignments or future plans.
- Shares information and offer solutions to standard workflow and system problems.
- Initiates productive interactions with coworkers and clients. Together, complete the expected assignments based upon timelines and pre-determined guidelines.
- Provides quality service to all customers, as defined and assigned by management.
- Understand complex information and disseminate it to proper personnel. Effectively communicate problem solving efforts, results and solutions
- As necessary, participate in team based projects and contribute recommendations towards departmental objectives.
- A minimum of four years of editing or related experience, college internship or related work in a large market or network level television.
- Ability to edit on a Non-linear system.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced newsroom that requires quick turnaround edits.
- Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...) and solid communication skills.
- Demonstrates sound communication with timely follow up and problem solving
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Final Cut Pro
- After Effects
- Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism, or related field
- Vocational School or related experience