The ESPN+ Producer II will help oversee operations for post-produced content including shows and series. Much of the role will entail production timelines, deliverables, feedback and managing workflow, as well as providing leadership in a demanding media environment and demonstrating a keen sense of story development and an ambitious creative vision.
The ESPN+ Producer II will also be involved in all aspects of content development and production, from budget planning and dealing with entertainment industry talent to providing guidance on scripts, edits, and post production.
This position can be based either in NY or CT.
- Manage daily content creation operations
- Assist in long-range strategic production planning
- Execute established content creation protocol
- Create and execute deliverables timelines
- Contextualize, manage and distribute programming calendar for third party vendors
- Guide productions from green light through execution and distribution
- Collaborate with content integration team to provide maximum visibility for each project
- Serve as centralized point person for all creative feedback
- Work directly with Business Operations on all matters related to the contract
- Work directly with relevant production management teams on all budgetary matters including personnel, logistics, operations
- Assign duties to supporting personnel
- Provide initial quality assurance of projects from inception through distribution
- Facilitate creative feedback
- Develop creative content to support additional ESPN+ Original Content initiatives
- Innovate creatively while working within confines of budget restrictions of particular assignments.
- Significant experience in sports content production and understanding of teams, players, and storylines
- Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with various online content distribution platforms and developing new media outlets
- Strong communication skills and follow-through instincts, along with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Frequent availability on nights and weekends, as well as occasional travel, as projects demand
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate leadership on complex projects
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- 10+ years of content creation experience on multiple platforms, as well as strong experience in creative development
- Previous supervisory and leadership experience is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Broadcasting, Journalism, Radio/TV/Film, or equivalent work experience.