Assoc Producer I - International Production
The Associate Producer I will support Producers, Event Integration Producers and Segment Producers in all aspects of production of live or taped international events in a wide range of production environments.
- AP I for studio show, solid AD for live game coverage in PCR, PD Room and remote environments.
- Responsible for teases, montages, segments and other elements for game productions, highlights shows and studio shows.
- Utilizes latest production techniques and available technologies to produce top class content and drive ratings growth.
- Regularly generates and pitches viable and compelling content ideas to supervisors and events/shows heads in production meetings and elsewhere.
- Works seamlessly with a wide range of production personnel including, but not limited to, producers, event integration producers, PD and PCR operations staff and talent to ensure the production and its material reaches air efficiently and accurately.
- Operates with mastery in the digital environment, maximizing server capabilities and utilizing q-cut systems.
- Remains current with the worldwide news and uses information resources to support productions and ensure accuracy.
- Provides timely, accurate and complete delivery of multimedia elements and publishes to various platforms.
- Supports game productions and studio shows by proactively providing content, ideas and suggestions arising from assigned games.
- Thorough knowledge of current television production technologies and applies knowledge to produce compelling content.
- Minimum 3 years international production experience.
- Expert bilingual Spanish/English speaking and written communication and editorial skills.
- Thrives on deadlines, delivering high quality, accurate work in pressure situations.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of US and International Sports
- Stays current with technological advances in animation, video editing and graphics; has experience producing teases, segments, roll-outs and highlights for assigned productions and shows.
- Understands what content is compelling and relevant to shows, and actively suggests appropriate ideas.
- Strong knowledge of US Hispanic television sports market.
- Experience in editing montages, teases, sales features, promotions, roll-out, and special animation elements for assigned game productions.
- Experience producing segments, features and other elements for studio shows.
- Strong ability to edit words, content, and stats as well as be able to write clearly and concisely under pressure in live broadcast environment.
- Expert editorial skills, sports knowledge and news judgment to shape and enhance storylines using graphics and strong ability to check and proof content for grammar, spelling, clarity and impact under tight deadlines.
- Superior attention to detail is a necessity.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to show leadership, to drive content and to leverage relationships by working collaboratively with team members.
- Must possess demonstrated communication skills and ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of sensitive production situations that continually arise and are subject to change.
- Flexible attitude towards constantly changing work conditions and environment.
- Strong understanding of, and appreciation for, Hispanic culture.
- Has a good appreciation of popular culture, e.g., "what's cool" and assists with defining the tastes of ESPN's viewers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism or Media or related field and/or equivalent experience
- This position will work nights/weekends/holidays