Digital Audio Producer
The Digital Audio Producer will be responsible for development and production of audio podcast content for specific titles and/or genres. The Digital Audio Producer works daily with the Digital Audio Content leadership team, staff, and talent, as well as internal and external content and distribution partners. This person will be involved in both short and long-range content strategy and planning of the show. The Digital Audio Producer communicates daily expectations and delivers feedback to talent and staff, and may oversee and manage direct reports. Responsibilities will include related operational tasks and assignments.
- Develops, enhances, and advances specific story ideas and concepts both in daily productions and for long term planning. Understands and executes ESPN content priorities in planning shows and integrating with other ESPN platforms; regularly leads podcast production.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of production principles designed to drive consumption including but not limited to podcast downloads. Some shows may also have video components.
- Supervises the compiling and editing of materials necessary for production on all relevant platforms. Works in collaboration with colleagues in similar ESPN productions in the development of compelling cross-promotional content.
- Must have strong understanding of how to operate audio hardware, software, and facilities.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of relevant sports stories and newsmakers; books relevant guests for program appearances accordingly.
- Will assist in the recruitment and development of studio talent. Provides creative and editorial guidelines to on-air commentators in order to enrich quality of content.
- Will work with sales and marketing teams to ensure placement of commercials and any relevant on-air promotional announcements. Will also contribute ideas for sales opportunities.
- Must have strong skills in the area of social media/listener engagement. Producer will develop overall audience development strategy for the show in concert with the marketing team. Coordinates with marketing team, around key events, from planning to execution.
- Participate in meetings/directives from ESPN Audio Content Leadership as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in podcast or sports radio production.
- Experience with podcast production is preferred.
- Sports radio experience preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or equivalent