The Talent Producer will work alongside production colleagues to proactively pitch and book guests across ESPN's platforms. Collaborating with the Director of Talent Producers and other colleagues, the Talent Producer will develop and maintain exceptional internal and external relationships in order to provide the most timely, impactful guests, forecast show needs and react to breaking news.
- Proactively pitches guest ideas to Talent Production Director, Coordinating Producers, Producers, Researchers, etc. to ensure the most appropriate guests appear on the most appropriate platform.
- Learns and understands the difference in shows/platforms across ESPN to suggest appropriate and timely guests.
- Continually develops and maintains exceptional internal relationships across platform and job function.
- Works alongside production to suggest timely, appropriate and attainable guests during breaking news scenarios.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with agents, SIDs, athletes and PR people to ensure the best possible cooperation/outcome with booking guests.
- Maintains an extensive database of athletes, coaches, managers, team executives and celebrities and their agents.
- Participates in daily editorial meetings to suggest story ideas and guest possibilities for all shows.
- Collaborates with other talent producers, Coordinating Producers, Producers and Talent Director to strategically forecast and anticipate needs for guests based on upcoming seasons, news relevancy and show needs.
- Strong, consistent communication skills
- Ability to plan and contribute effectively in team environment
- Deep sports knowledge
- Deep sports/entertainment rolodex
- Guest/ talent booking experience
- Knowledge of the media industry
- Ability to function effectively in an atmosphere subject to frequent changes and produce results
- Ability to prepare and submit story ideas/guest segments Ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of sensitive and changing production situations
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in sports media or broadcast industry
- Familiarity with computers, search engines, internet searches.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree in communications, journalism or related field
- This position will work nights/weekends/holidays