- Jenny Craig
- Must love writing and be a natural at editing and proofreading. The copywriter will be writing in a variety of marketing mediums for different audiences and supporting various marketing channels with email, display, paid social, website channels, mailers, print collateral and more.
- Draft and edit short-form content (85%) and long-form content (15%) to meet marketing objectives
- Ability to segment messaging based on audience, A/B testing and optimize messaging based on test learning
- Ability to take consumer feedback/research/test results and edit copy as needed to make more effective
- Capable working with a team of people to find answers, determine how to make them understandable for the external public, and drive decisions with internal teams.
- Creativity, attention to detail, marketing knowledge and the ability to write for various mediums
- Serve as editor and proofreader for marketing department
- Create copy that is clear and concise, and reflects the voice of our brand
- Adhere to marketing style guides, branding and content guidelines, and ensure all copy adheres to our standards and maintains the integrity of the brand voice.
- Ambitious, self-motivated and organized
- Pitch in for other miscellaneous needs.
- Attends departmental/cross-functional meetings.
- Some travel required.
- Responsible for creating and supporting a positive, professional, team-oriented, harassment-free work environment by understanding and complying with the Company's policies, by demonstrating the Company's values, and being a role model for the Company Brand.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related discipline.
- 3+ years' experience writing and editing content for a variety of online and offline media in a B2C environment.
- Health / wellness / diet experience is preferred but not required.
- Exceptional storyteller, proof reader and editor
- Write clear, persuasive, original copy in a variety of formats and styles for multiple audiences.
- Thorough understanding of writing for SEO results.
- General understanding of digital marketing strategy.
- Experience developing editorial strategy plans and calendars, enforcing editorial style and brand guidelines, defining workflow and organizing content.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously while strictly adhering to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as part of a team as well as independently in a self-directed manner, all while regularly communicating project progress.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent research, interviewing and reporting skills
- Ability to present a portfolio of a range of writing samples including website content, emails, direct mail, feature articles, digital ads, blog, and social media content.