Communications Consultant, Human Resources Writer - Oakland
- Group Heatlh
- Develop and implement communications plans and tactics to fulfill the strategic and operational goals and objectives of the program developed by the communications practice leader for his/her clients to deliver, promote and protect the organization's brand and reputation.
- Provide communications consulting to internal clients on internal and external communications programs, projects and tactics. Consulting activity will vary from verbal communications or advice on communications issues to providing written customized communications plans.
- Strategize with client, writes creative briefs, researches and analyzes information, prepares presentations (PowerPoint presentations, speeches and talking points), plans logistics, and manages overall coordination.
- Ensure content is consistent with the Kaiser Permanente brand in terms of tone, manner, and messaging.
- Manage and complete multiple assignments in short time frames and coordinate diverse projects and activities into a cohesive and strategic program for a single client or for a program.
- Acquire the input and resources of other communications staff in the organization to fulfill the objectives of communication plans and projects on behalf of communications practice leaders' clients.
- Coordinates the deliverables of other communicators in the organization to ensure that special projects are in compliance with negotiated timelines/financial allocations.
- Implement measures to determine effectiveness of communications programs and create plans to improve results. Implement measures to determine effectiveness of communications programs and create plans to improve results.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working in a complex corporate communications environment with demonstrated excellence in developing, implementing and monitoring strategic communications programs.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, english or business administration or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to coordinate diverse projects and activities into a cohesive and strategic communications program.
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Full knowledge of industry practices.
- Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.