The CNN Story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Senior Producer of Newsource Live is responsible for assigning and overseeing production of daily broadcast packages, live shots and digital videos produced by Newsource Package Producers and Assignment Editor/Producers of NS Live.
The role collaborates and works with Newsource Managers and technical staff to dispatch crews to cover breaking news in the field and major planned events. It also works with RACI, The Row and Standards & Practices to ensure daily packages meet CNN and affiliate standards and expectations.
The position consistently collaborates with CNN Planning, National Content Center, CNN Bureaus and Special Events on coverage of stories important to the more than one thousand broadcast affiliates and 200 radio clients. The person in this position also travels to coordinate major events and large scale breaking news stories. In addition, this role ensures the 7 Newsource Live event channels and 10 TVU channels are robust and managed properly.
- Editorially directs the productions of daily franchise packages and news of the day packages to meet the contractual obligations and daily needs of the Newsource affiliates. i.e. Healthminute, news of the day wrap
- Ensures broadcast affiliates have access to CNN Bureaus worldwide, live event and breaking news facilities (convention hall, satellite truck, Live VU, standup location) or CNN reporter (Newsource correspondent or CNN GA) coverage. i.e. political conventions, hurricanes, flooding, terror attacks worldwide
- Broadcast affiliates and digital clients need for live signals makes the oversight and management of staff programming the satellite channels and TVU channels an extremely important part of this role
- Handles staff schedules and oversees the daily work of the live team and production unit to ensure all aspects of live coverage
- It does not have direct reports, but contributes performance feedback
- Bachelor's Degree in journalism, communication or like field of study
- 5 years or above editorial experience in broadcast news; producing, writing, etc.
- Knowledge of SNG and other means of transmission 24/7 availability and flexibility
- Field producing and or major event coverage experience
- Knowledge or experience with non-linear editing
- Local market or affiliate news service experience Builds relationships
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships; Values the diversity of people, programming and perspectives
- Displays the ability to work in a team environment and solicits input from a variety of individuals, departments, and divisions
- Communicates effectively with others
- Delivers results
- Sets challenging objectives and demonstrates a clear sense of urgency
- Uses sound judgment and makes good decisions while considering relevant facts, investment of resources and financial implications
- Produces and delivers the highest quality results aligned to personal and organizational goals
- Allocates time and resources effectively
- Takes initiative
- Articulates an awareness of personal strengths and development areas with a clearly defined action plan for improvement
- Learns from past experiences and makes adjustments in behaviors & approaches in future situations
- Accepts additional challenges and responsibilities
- Takes ownership and accountability for decisions and successes/failures
- Thinks broadly - Sees the "big picture" while also focused on the necessary action steps to accomplish the goal
- Improves processes, methods and programs
- Contributes innovative, creative and "out of the box" ideas
- Considers tends in the industry and understands their relevance to our business Leads others
- Empowers employees through delegation, feedback and coaching
- Leads by example and champions organizational strategies and goals
- Selects, retains, rewards and develops top talent
- Makes "tough calls" on performance issues in a timely, fair and consistent manner
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.