Editor in Chief
- Ayre Media
- Dependent on Experience and Location
Job Description – Editor in Chief
The Company – We are a global media company with news and events properties in the blockchain/bitcoin space.
The Opportunity – Our Company is looking for an Editor-in-Chief to lead and grow an established brand beyond a corporate blog site into a full-fledged global and multi-language news organization. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with strong leadership skills that can set/communicate the tone and editorial direction across the entire organization. The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of inspiring teams to achieve editorial excellence.
You’ll work with the managing editor and foreign language bureau chiefs across the globe to reimagine a technology news site and build it from the ground up under an already established brand.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Set the strategic editorial policy for the site commensurate with the company's overall goals
- Ensure the site's content in text, video and audio meets the highest standards of editorial excellence and that it positions the brand as the authoritative voice in the space
- Safeguard the site's unique philosophy in the technology space. Ensure that the brand is well respected and presented in the best of light.
- Oversee daily production of the site's output across multiple distribution channels and platforms.
- Meet growth targets and build a loyal and engaged audience.
- Hire, retain and develop editorial staff
- Manage the departmental budgets
- Represent the brand as EIC at conferences and events to meet company goals
- Strong leadership skills with at least 5 years of experience managing a team of remote journalists from various cultures and countries.
- High levels of integrity and initiative, and a principled passion for technology and journalism
- Exceptional editorial judgement and editorial skills
- Ability to generate original ideas for creative and engaging technology related content
- Willingness to collaborate with other reporters, editors, and media partners.
- Strong collaborative skills, including experience of liaising with stakeholders including C level executives.