U.S. News & World Report is a driving force behind decisions that largely define the quality of consumers’ lives. We measure progress across institutions, products & services and governments locally, nationally and globally. We are seeking a motivated SEO Analyst to join our enthusiastic team of writers, editors and product managers in order to help enhance our online audience in organic search. This position is based in our Washington, D.C. office.
As a member of the U.S. News & World Report team, you will be responsible for guiding SEO strategies for traffic growth which will help drive the future of our business.
The primary responsibilities of the SEO Analyst will be to foster our organic traffic growth through smart, actionable search tactics and work closely with the U.S. News global SEO team. You will lead our analysis and reporting and be a resident expert on Search algorithm updates and industry trends. You will also be expected to use your analytical skills to investigate SEO problems or analyze competitors in the space.
The SEO Analyst will report to the SEO Global Platform team and assist in implementing SEO tactics across multiple U.S. News & World Report verticals in order to improve organic performance through reporting, analysis and recommendations.
- Responsible for analyzing, identifying and managing SEO initiatives and organic search opportunities
- Develop and deliver clear SEO KPIs and attain improved organic traffic growth
- Execute SEO strategies based on keyword research, website audits, on-page optimization opportunities as well as URL indexing and crawling recommendations.
- Work closely with Product, Editorial, Tech and Business Intelligence departments to drive implementation of SEO recommendations
- Create detailed and routine analysis and reporting of SEO KPIs
- Provide SEO analysis of competitor sites and identify areas of opportunity
- Stay abreast of new tools, trends and best practices on all search engine algorithm updates (primarily Google) and the SEO industry
- In conjunction with the SEO team, create and implement specific page-level and large scale SEO recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1 - 2 years of professional SEO experience with proven results
- Knowledge of SEO methodologies and best practices. Familiarity with Schema.org markup a plus
- Experience with reporting/tracking tools including Google Search Console and Google Analytics. Working knowledge of Adobe Analytics is a bonus.
- Experience with a crawling software such as Screaming Frog SEO Spider or DeepCrawl.
- Experience with data deep dives within third-party SEO tools such as Searchmetrics, SEMRush and Ahrefs.
- Proven success in creating and implementing SEO plans and strategies resulting in tangible growth in organic traffic
- Experience working with cross-platform teams to implement SEO strategies
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and basic familiarity with source code
Applicants must provide résumé and cover letter.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes health care, dental, vision and 401(k) plans.