The Oxford Club, a leading independent financial publisher and one of Baltimore Sun's "Top Workplaces," is searching for the perfect candidate to fill an Assistant Managing Editor position.
We're looking for a talented writer with business sense who's excited to jump headfirst into the digital publishing industry. Under the guidance of a Managing Editor (SME), you'll be responsible for the daily editing and fulfillment of free e-letter content for their flagship franchise. You will also produce content for our websites and help with the development of creative new ideas to improve reader engagement. Finally, you will help the SME analyze results and identify opportunities to grow the franchise.
This role requires a true self-starter who isn't afraid to share ideas and shake things up. You'll work closely with our editorial, web, creative and marketing teams so you must be a team player who values open and honest debate.
This is the perfect job for a highly organized and creative person looking to get started with a fast-growing company.
You can learn more about The Oxford Club by checking out our "Workplace Highlight" blog post.
- Work directly with the Managing Editor to set overall tone of publication.
- Assist with day-to-day publishing operations, ensuring accuracy and on-time fulfillment.
- Polish free content until it shines - focusing on highlighting core ideas within the publications.
- Work closely with the editorial and marketing departments to generate advertorial campaigns.
- Update reports, welcome material, bios, background copy, websites, etc.
- Planning and executing weekly e-letter surveys and results write-ups.
What you need for this position:
- Great writing and editing skills
- Strong analytical skills.
- An interest in business and product development.
- The ability to influence and collaborate effectively.
- An innate sense of curiosity.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Prior experience in publishing, journalism, marketing or communications.
- A solid portfolio of writing samples.
- A strong interest in investing, economics, finance or business.
- Extensive experience Microsoft Office applications.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive Salary .
- Great work environment.
- Excellent advancement opportunities.
This is a full-time, in-office position in the picturesque, historic area of Mt. Vernon, Baltimore, MD.
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter and writing sample to the link provided.
Check out -- The Oxford Club
We are a publisher of financial and lifestyle strategies and recommendations. We help our hundreds of thousands of reader's lead richer lives.
We define "wealth" as not only having financial capital, but also social and intellectual capital. Our flagship franchise, The Oxford Club, has been successful for over 30 years in helping enrich its members' lives through its award-winning portfolio recommendations, a proprietary investment system, educational webinars, subscription letters and research, and seminars. The Oxford Club also continually develops new franchises and services around exciting new ideas and fresh market approaches and talent. Many of the today's leading investment publishers were born out of our group. Opportunities abound at our company for leaders who are entrepreneurial, want to grow their teams, and become Publishers or Specialists.
Our financial experts have managed multi-million dollar portfolios, authored best-selling books, have hundreds of thousands of followers of their writings, traveled the world, and counseled leading CEOs and world leaders. Moreover, helped millions take control of their financial destiny. Every month we hear from our members how we have changed their lives for the better.
At the Oxford Club, we don't reserve all the benefits of our investment and business knowledge and experience for our subscribers. We work hard to enrich the lives of our employees too, with financial education, multiple opportunities for further training, travel, life and career coaching, networking, team building activities in beautiful surroundings, and enjoyable celebration when we hit our goals.
*Interested candidates will visit the Club's stunning Clubhouse in the high-end, historic Mt Vernon neighborhood of Baltimore. We welcome you to learn more about this company.