Assoc Producer I - International
The Associate Producer I will support Producers, Event Integration Producers and AP II in all aspects of production of live or taped international events in a wide range of production environments.
- Solid AP for studio show, solid AD for live game coverage in PCR, PD Room and remote environments.
- Responsible for teases, montages, segments and other elements for game productions, highlights shows and studio shows.
- Utilizes latest production techniques and available technologies to produce top class content and drive ratings growth.
- Regularly generates and pitches viable and compelling content ideas to supervisors and events/shows heads in production meetings and elsewhere.
- Works seamlessly with a wide range of production personnel including, but not limited to, producers, event integration producers, PD and PCR operations staff and talent to ensure the production and its material reaches air efficiently and accurately.
- Operates with mastery in the digital environment, maximizing server capabilities and utilizing q-cut systems.
- Remains current with the worldwide news and uses information resources to support productions and ensure accuracy.
- Provides timely, accurate and complete delivery of multimedia elements and publishes to various platforms.Supports game productions and studio shows by proactively providing content, ideas and suggestions arising from assigned games.
- Bilingual English/Mandarin speaking/writing skills.
- Minimum 2 years practical production experience.
- Thrives on deadlines, delivering high quality, accurate work in high-pressure situations.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of US and International Sports
- Stays current with technological advances in animation, video editing and graphics; has experience producing teases, segments, roll-outs and highlights for assigned productions and shows.
- Understands what content is compelling and relevant to shows, and actively suggests appropriate ideas.
- Strong knowledge of Chinese television sports market.
- Experience in editing montages, teases, sales features, promotions, roll-out, and special animation elements for assigned game productions.
- Experience producing segments, features and other elements for studio shows.
- Strong ability to edit words, content, and stats as well as be able to write clearly and concisely under pressure in live broadcast environment.
- Flexible and collaborative attitude towards constantly changing work conditions and environment.
- Strong understanding of and appreciation for Chinese culture.
- Has a good appreciation of popular culture, e.g., "what's cool" and assists with defining the tastes of ESPN's viewers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, TV Production, Communications or a related field and/or its equivalent.
- Will be required to work nights, weekends and holidays