Hadassah, the Women's Zionist Organization of America (HWZOA) requires a Senior Writer/Editor for our integrated Marketing and Communications team, who will develop, manage and produce innovative marketing content in support of Hadassah's priorities. We believe women's collective voices hold boundless power to bridge cultural divides and can be a unifying force for healing the world.
We seek a versatile, multi-platform writer and editor with proven leadership ability to develop and scale compelling storytelling that embodies our mission, brand and voice. You excel at creating content that's relatable, relevant, convincing, inspirational, and provocative. The successful candidate will develop content that educates and activates target audiences -- both current and prospective members and donors.
You are a gifted storyteller who can channel Hadassah's voice and brand message, and take complex ideas and turn them into engaging, compelling content.
- Work with Marketing & Communications staff, other internal teams, as well as volunteers across the organization in the New York headquarters and through Hadassah's US and Israel offices.
- Write for different audiences, including Hadassah leaders, existing and potential new members and donors.
- Responsible for content creation from ideation to completion including managing review and approval process.
- Collaborate on and/or create copy and content for advertising, video storyboards/production, email communications, website, podcasts, PowerPoint presentations, event materials, collateral materials, campaign themes, and more. Editorial writing experience is a plus.
- Copy edit, proofread, and fact check as needed
- As necessary, edit materials from internal sources and from freelancer contributions.
- Source and edit user-generated contributions from both leadership and membership for various communications vehicles.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications team to consistently brainstorm strategies and tactics for engaging our audiences Interview subjects and produce articles and other content for the website and other digital platforms, as needed.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a writer and editor for highly visible organizations (preferably non-profit), marketing/advertising agency and/or digital media.
- Experience producing stories ranging from essential Q&A-driven articles to research, and best practices for writing for the web content.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Genuinely knowledgeable and passionate about the topics and cultures that relate to our mission.
- As necessary, communicate and collaborate with communications, marketing, designers, and other teams, both internally and with agency partners or other external vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and oral) with strong presentation skills and the ability to create compelling and creative materials.
- Strong editing/proofreading skills.
- Well-versed in the rules of grammar, NY Times style, and other stylistic and publishing conventions
- Knowledge of writing for SEO is a plus