About the XFL
The new XFL will reimagine football for the 21st century when it kicks off in early 2020. Delivering authentic, high-energy football for the whole family at an affordable price, the XFL will offer fast-paced games with fewer play stoppages and simpler rules. The league will launch with eight teams in markets across the country, 45-man active rosters, and a 10-week regular season schedule with a postseason consisting of two semifinal playoff games and a championship game. The XFL is a single entity that owns the league and all teams, employing professionals at the Stamford, CT headquarters as well as in each of the markets that the teams call home.
About the Role
The XFL is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented Photo & Graphics Editor to work within the league's growing content department. This position will work on daily creative photo and graphics requests across all digital platforms and edit and deliver photo and graphics assets in real time for immediate publishing on XFL.com and XFL social channels. This team member has a strong eye for compelling photography, drives ideas through creative photo editing and is an innovative thinker with a unique viewpoint. This position requires an ability to work on multiple projects at once and work efficiently in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well in a team environment with a flexible work schedule and an unquenchable thirst for learning.
What you will do
- Create image assets across on and off-platform destinations that are uniquely optimized to fit each audience and align with XFL brand identities.
- Create photo illustrations and graphics.
- Edit, retouch, color correct, organize, resize and deliver photography to XFL digital platforms.
- Work in a fast-paced environment that requires quick turnaround of numerous pieces of content in a day.
- Demonstrate an ability to balance multiple projects, and the flexibility to pivot from a plan in order to react to breaking news or viral content.
- Collaborate alongside website and social media editors and help them execute their visions on a daily basis.
- Communicate with managers and editors to regularly update project timelines and report on progress.
- Research and manage stock and third-party imagery.
- Maintain digital archives including entering metadata.
What you will bring
- 3+ years of professional experience on a Photo/Graphics Team.
- Sports and Entertainment brand experience preferred.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator and Lightroom.
- Experience designing templates that allow website and social media editors to quick-turn content.
- An understanding of web and social media platforms. Someone who can not only design something, but see a concept through from start to finish, e.g. pitch, create, come up with a caption and post it using content management and social tools.
- Basic knowledge of football, including current athletes and rules.
- Technically proficient in processing raw files, retouching and color-correcting images.
- Willing and able to work nights, weekends and on-call as needed per the team schedule.
- Skill and enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment.
- Deadline-oriented with strong time management skills and attention to detail.
- Capable of taking direction and learning systems quickly and adeptly.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Portfolio must be submitted with application.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
The XFL maintains a strong policy of equal opportunity in employment. It is our objective to recruit, hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Our equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
** Only applicants who are legally authorized to work for The XFL will be considered. The XFL does not provide any work authorization sponsorship, or any assistance in securing, maintaining or extending work authorization. **