Job summary: Adweek, the marketing industry's leading publication, is seeking a tech reporter to work at the company's headquarters in New York City and cover the role of programmatic and automatic buying and selling in media.
Applicants should have an interest in how technology is upending the media industry. We're looking for someone with an expertise-and interest-in how the media landscape (brands, publishers, agencies, platforms) work with ad-tech companies. Reporting will shine a light on the role programmatic buying plays across the landscape; from ad fraud to privacy issues to how publishers generate revenue, and all points in between.
- Covering breaking news on Adweek.com and writing frequently for Adweek magazine
- Collaborating closely with the programmatic editor, media reporting team and staffers from across the newsroom
- Covering major marketing events both in New York City and around the world (Cannes, Dmexco, Mobile World Congress, CES, SXSW, etc.)
- Occasionally appearing on Adweek's podcasts and representing the publication via appearances on other news programs
- Noting and analyzing trends that are shaping how brand marketing intersects with technology
- Building a strong network of technology vendor, digital agency and in-house consumer brand sources
- Planning and occasionally appearing in original news videos, whether live or pre-recorded
- Occasionally participating as a planner, participant and moderator at Adweek-hosted events
- Helping develop new products and initiatives to maintain Adweek's role as an industry leader in innovative journalism
- Minimum 1-2 years covering the programmatic sector of media
- Either a strong understanding of the brand marketing world or a healthy willingness to learn
- Proficient in AP style, grammar and narrative storytelling
To apply, please attach your resume, cover letter and a minimum of three strong, applicable articles previously published under your byline.